Saturday, March 3, 2018

Lazy Cold Saturday On The Farm




More history. Not on our land but down on the flats (valley floor) and now with in the city limits of Anderson. When this old girl was built there it was not a small town probably only farms as Redding was "the city " back in the day. I am sorry that the photo is so dark and I will try to remember to get another the next time I go that way. This old homestead has always called to me and I need to find out more about it from the local historical society. She seems to list more each time I go by. Seems it might be more respectful to just get 'er done. :-(

                                                                     
From top to bottom pullet egg, 2 year old hen and year old. The right is the duck size hen egg and the pullet egg. I have to admit I winced when I hoisted it out of the laying boxes yesterday. I can only imagine what the hen did!
                                                                                                                                                                                        

Cali the eternal optimist. Cali came to us 6 years ago this coming August as a 9 week old pup. Her given name is Calamity Jane as we were only about 8 weeks into Geoffrey's chronic dance with CLL and  Mastocytosis . Thinking since we were in the mist of a huge calamity it seemed to fit.  Nothing like puppy breath to make the world right even when it is rolling down hill like a snowball headed for Hell. She is lying there in front of the laundry room/mudroom door because Geoffrey is on the other side in the garage.  It is time for Cali and Ari the English Setter to go for a w-a-l-k. An everyday occurrence for these two with him. I get the Pyrs in the morning each getting a chance to get away from those annoying goats and a break from work and time with me alone.

 
And by the looks of what is coming it is a good thing they got out when they did. 


 




2 Comments:

At March 4, 2018 at 8:57 PM , Blogger The Wykeham Observer said...

Ominous-looking sky there. Freezing rain here tonight and a whole lot of wind. Hope it calms down a little. Have a good week!

 
At March 17, 2018 at 10:12 PM , Blogger Goatldi said...

Ouch! My blog has ceased to alert me lately about comments. So sorry and hope you didn't freeze that night in the freezing rain. Also trust all your trees stayed upright. We made it through that storm and on to another and another and next week yet another.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Hope to see you again soon!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home