Wednesday, December 28, 2016

2016 Departing gate #1


Yikes! I cannot believe how much time has flown by in the last few weeks. And here I am post less  and find myself just a few days away from picking up two of my grandgirls for a winter visit before their classes begin again.

There will be more of this during their visit and a slight promise of perhaps some of this

Which would be really great for them to get to be part of.  And we will be playing tourist going to
Which may look more like this
Please check back and I hope to have new adventures and photos to share. And if I don't see you until after the New Year celebrations please have a safe and joyful one.


2 Comments:

At January 1, 2017 at 3:33 AM , Blogger Leigh said...

Oh my, are all those rocks yours? We have so few rocks! I know folks think that might be a blessing, but we'd love to have the wall building material.

 
At January 1, 2017 at 1:15 PM , Blogger Goatldi said...

Forgive me for giggling Leigh! Yes all the rocks (disclaimer waterfall is not ours 😉) and more. Everything from Creek stones up to boulders the size of small cars. The property we live on is in the line of fire from Mt Lassen and when she blew the last large scale time were blessed with them. Our street is called Ash Creek that runs from high country down to the river was formed by hot lava still seen today in a cooled permanent state. A lot of folks in the area sell their rocks to local landscaping companies. Yes they are handy for fence building although not as effective as cattle panels and no climb wire where goats and Pyrenees's are concerned. However they are a bit of a pain when trying to sink T post as you rarely can get a straight even spacing. However they are great decorative pieces around trees and gardens. In the Gold Rush days the Chinese immigrants in the area constructed a number of walls on local ranches of the day. And the cattle ranch my friend lives on uses them as their trademark fencing on all their properties. Would love to ship you some but imagine the FOB!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Hope to see you again soon!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home