Sunday, March 18, 2018

So Little Time So Many Blog Post To Write!!!


I have been slacking. I have been knitting and and "stuff". Stuff being mostly comprised by figuring how much I can find to do inside while weather is going on outside. I think the term for Nor Cal this month should be "weather or not here it comes!"




It came in the form of bone chilling winds , rain, snow, hail and my own personal favorite snowial. Not a typo hail followed by snow.





The above and to the side here are the back decks. Why the gal who built our place when it was for her, didn't extend the decks into one large one is a mystery for the archeology dig after Lassen blows again and we are the new Pompeii.



I adore the oak in the yard behind the house. This is what it looked like Thursday night about ten. The same time the deck photos where taken. 
 
 

This is what it looked like in winter of 2013 when we had two weeks of snow 6- 8 inches , frozen hoses  and an arctic blast with temps from minus zero to eighteen for bottoms and tops. In short I was cold, the goats were warm as I wouldn't have it any other way. I also didn't need a gym membership as I hauled 5 gallon water buckets for all two weeks. But gosh did I love how it all looked! Below looking northeast from the barns on the right the house on the left. The building on the far left is not the house it is the solar/pump house.


 This was the Shedd last Wednesday when we showed up for fiber night. They got more the next day but I haven't been back yet. Sure it will be gone by this Wednesday as we are gearing up for a solid five days of rain. 


And then there was Mama Pea always making trouble . Good heaven's woman I am not one to resist a challenge and I am a bit competitive by nature. But I was very nice and courteous in the show ring :-)

So without further ado is my response to her "show us your kitchen" challenge.

View looking from dining area to the south east . The house was built southwest to northeast. So the kitchen faces to the southeast or southwest sorta.






View from the door to my office space. The whole house is pretty open with walls being run in ways as to really open it up for light with lots of windows which I love! Yes those are drying cleaning rags on the chairs. Pretend they aren't there, lol.    









Below facing directly east into the office space. Three quarter in length wall is all cabinets except for the center one which is a small boat refrigerator which is very handy. The gal who built the house had a yacht building family so she made the off the grid kitchen very functional.  


 From the laundry/mud room looking the length of the kitchen. 


Tucked into an area between the counter and window is one of my most loved pieces. My father-in-love made this for his bride who is pictured above as a young girl. When he then she passed I was able to add the vegetable keeper to my home. The dolly on the top was a gift from my baby girl about 10 years ago and the candle from a set my sweet son and his family gifted us with at Christmas this year. 



A favorite in the laundry/mud room area is my shelf . The essentials mixed with sweet memories. The ribbon is from the 2012 North Valley Dairy Goat Association show where my yearling doe Walnetto Farm Lady Kate went grand champion. It was also the last time I walked into a show ring as two months later our continuing journey with cancer began . 







Lastly this is the painting on the wall above the chest in the kitchen. My mother-in-love gave it and the one below it that hangs in the dinning room above the parsons table. I found the artist who did the nubian buckling and was able to find that he was from a show herd and grew to be a lovely buck. Nuggets such as that are truly the fun stuff!


 

                                               Nubian buck was named Sweet William.





      So a little of this and a little of that. Who else will join the kitchen challenge this weekend ?

 






 

7 Comments:

At March 18, 2018 at 3:06 PM , Blogger Mama Pea said...

Yay, yay! So much fun to see your kitchen, mud room, etc. I've always loved glass fronted cabinets. You may have noticed I have none. Hmmmm. Where did I go wrong? Love yours. The white flooring makes everything so bright and clean looking. I would have to mop it just about daily in this joint! But yours brings a very open and airy look to your space. Your FIL's piece is a treasure. That ribbon for Lady Kate's Grand Championship is the largest I've ever seen. I can only imagine how proud you are of it. (And all your goats.) Love the goat pictures. Nubians have always been my favorite breed. I have fond memories of our Debra who was a huge, red Nubian. She was such a klutz; hardly a day went by when I didn't have to catch her (ooof!) as she took a false step getting on or off the milking stand.

Thanks again for the tour . . . both inside and out! (Nasty weather. :o[ )

Signed, The Trouble Maker

 
At March 18, 2018 at 7:17 PM , Blogger Myrna said...

I now really have a serious case of kitchen envy. The house we have has the smallest kitchen and I do just fine with it but my, yours all look so great. Yes, Mama Pea, I read your post, and decided no pictures of MY kitchen, lol.

 
At March 18, 2018 at 10:15 PM , Blogger Goatldi said...

You are very welcome you enabler you ;-)

The "clean" floor tiles are a parlor trick. They are also a love hate relationship. The gal who built the place lived in southern California which is roughly 12 hours from here. She only came up in the spring and the fall. Her and her cat. So when we landed here the then eleven year old house had been lived in only about 3-4 months a year with two occupants. And never in winter so mud was not a problem for her. We have a drill Ari and Calli come in through the mud/laundry from the garage door to towels aplenty. There is always during rain events a thick beach towel on the floor. I give up on really clean floors unless in between storms. So I have lowered my expectations and in doing so it leaves more time for fiber projects.

Re: Debra I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Nubians as they were the first goats and the only ones for 15 years.

Thanks for stopping by Mama Pea.

 
At March 18, 2018 at 10:26 PM , Blogger Goatldi said...

Myrna please show off your kitchen. We all lead different lives and this is the closest I have come to a brand new house. Every other one was anywhere from 50 to 60 years old and with one exception a small square footage.

My neighbor across the way has a lovely little house with a kitchen where she can turn around in and meet herself coming in or going out as the case may be. It is too cute and almost as old as the ranch itself.

It is as my Daddy always said "Doesn't matter how much you have, it matters that you take pride in it and keep it up." I think we would love to see your kitchen as it will show us what you love.

 
At March 20, 2018 at 7:11 AM , Blogger Susan said...

OMG, what a gorgeous kitchen! I will have to say that the only good thing about this endless gawdawful winter is that one is 'forced' to knit. Love the goat paintings, too!

 
At March 20, 2018 at 10:20 AM , Blogger Goatldi said...

Awe Susan thank you! I have to admit it was one of the reasons I fell in love with this log home and the land. I often feel beyond blessed to have this home on 42 acres of paradise. And sometimes perhaps a bit guilty.I think for myself I need to do a quick post explaining how all this beauty came into my life at a time when it was needed.

I often get up look around me and think "Lord your gifts are overwhelming and I don't deserve what you have given me."

I am right there with you lady on the knitting. "Oh no time to start another project, woe is me please don't make me, well o.k. if you insist."

In most sincere admiration of all you do. I read your post of last and you just rock it all girlie. Not only do you do life well you do it with humor and class.

You are officially invited to my mutual admiration society for ladies who rock the blog.

 
At March 20, 2018 at 11:18 AM , Blogger Rain said...

Your kitchen is so great! So clean and big!!! Mine is the size of a closet lol...I think I could post one photo and that would be all she wrote lol...the snow looks so lovely and your oak is gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Hope to see you again soon!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home