Thursday, June 7, 2018

This Blog It Is A Chang'n



That it is. It is this thing called life. And also my long thought about but rarely acted upon a blog make over. Life is currently taking up a large chunk of , well, life. The complacency of winter indoor dwelling, fires and mugs of chia tea and hot chocolate are a thing of the past for now. Spring sprung and summer is just around the next corner in June. Life is full of gardens and almost daily barn cleaning. Any discretionary time lurking around after that is greedily eaten up with the fair projects and weaving. Toss in an occasional stab at house work and that's all folks. 

So I am bidding you all a farewell for at least a week, or two or more. I will continue to read blogs and when I have two brain cells to rub together respond with more than one syllable and sentence structure. I was the kid in class in grammar school who the teachers loved to say"I don't if you can Goatldi but yes you may". 

I am also trying to build a better mouse trap. I want to become wildly organized with a small backlog of blogs in progress to call upon if I suddenly find myself with total lack of inspiration. And also I long to stay focused, wait oh look there it is a butterfly, I digress. 

So welcome to the self imposed sounds of silence.  I trust it won't be long but I shall make no promises I can't keep. Goat and garden on or whatever is your fancy! 

  

6 Comments:

At June 8, 2018 at 10:52 AM , Blogger Susan said...

Sigh. I know it's inevitable this time of year, but shucks. Just don't make (me)us wait until winter! I got a good laugh at your focus sentence - that is so me! At least let us know how you did at the fair!!!

 
At June 8, 2018 at 1:13 PM , Blogger Goatldi said...

Look I am back😂

I will be around and Lord I hope it isn't until winter. I got my house cleaned this morning. Disclaimer is if you wear spectacles please don't put them on when you visit.

After my second cuppa I am headed for more loom warping. See not even 24 hours without me.

 
At June 11, 2018 at 6:18 PM , Blogger Mama Pea said...

Oh, I am so tempted to do just as you have. Heck, if you look at my infrequent posts lately, you may think I already have! I just want the world to stop so I can catch up. Or find that happy medium with EVERYTHING I want to do in my life. Taking a break from blogging (let's face it, something has to give now and then) is not a bad idea. My best wishes go to you on achieving all you wish to achieve on this hiatus. Susan is right. We'll all miss you!

 
At June 12, 2018 at 2:58 AM , Blogger Leigh said...

Wow, I finally have a few moments to get caught up on my friends' blogs and you're taking a break! LOL But this time of year it's just that way, and I'm taking a blog break at the end of the month as well. Still, it's nice to see all your previous posts I can catch up on. :)

 
At June 13, 2018 at 9:58 PM , Blogger Goatldi said...

Leigh and Mama Pea you two are so sweet. I have been getting a lot done. And another change is I keep my iPhone at arms length. Several months back I took the Facebook app off my phone and I have at this point pretty kissed Facebook goodbye. What started out as good intentions had become a time waster and of late a auto blood pressure and stress induced environment. Now I only go to it to get to my Fiber page that is attached to it. Very freeing it is. I will be back I now figure early July? I will pop in on your blogs, if you aren't on vacation, to say "Hi".

 
At July 1, 2018 at 2:50 PM , Blogger Mark said...

Hang in there Goatldi! I'm hoping to be a more regular poster after some 5 months off. I get that sometimes it just gets overwhelming and choices have to be make.

Best of luck to you! We'll be here whenever you come back, eager to hear how your hiatus went.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Hope to see you again soon!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home