Saturday, April 28, 2018

It's Back !




Not winter but almost. Lower temperatures with rain showers is a nice change from the a little "too exuberant" days of spring. That would be in the high 70's to 80.  What is it about that? Come September we will be wishing for those temperatures that in those infant days of spring felt like 170 degrees . Always the way isn't it what we are accustomed to is a good part of our response when we find our selves in a new situation?

I won't complain that we have also welcomed back fires at night and a cuppa of that lovely raw Jersey milk with a spoonful of honey mixed in. Certainly makes for a deep sleep and peaceful dreams. However too much makes jeans tight. Perhaps it is a good thing it is time to come out of hibernation.



Love Is In The Air is the newest addition to my growing rose garden. The flowers themselves are almost crepe paper in looks. I am anxious to see what I will have when this sweet bush grows to maturity.
Speaking of roses. These beauties are from my second yellow rose bush that came March of 2013. It has been in several of my blog photos. These two huge blossoms had very short stems so I "floated" them in a favorite mug.


The Blueberries greening out and have some berries just beginning. I am afraid that this year will not be as much of a bumper crop as I had last year. In fact if something doesn't change soon I will need to supplement my blueberry use at Farmers Market.




My passion of the 2018 Spring season. I have always loved to have fancy hummingbird feeders. This one is new to me and I am getting one more after this. The more ornate are a bit more pricey than the cute red and yellow type . So with the addition of this cutie and another after this my total will be three with my original.
Hopeful to get photos of the happy hummers!










 




The umbrella to go with the 16 year old patio set is another new addition. When it was first purchased in Fresno it didn't need the umbrella as the patio had a roof over it. But not so much here. Only took me two years to find the one I liked and fit into the budget. Did I hear someone say procrastinator?








Below is an art batt of blue alpaca blended with some mulberry silk in yellow, green and blue. It is my first art batt and had fun picking and blending colors. I then ran them through my large drum carder to blend them. I am content with them and have some other additions coming to do some more batts with them.



Look closely at this woman . Especially her left hand and the contents there of. Kathleen gave a great talk at the Thursday fiber night at the alpaca farm. The topic was combing wool and fine fibers , such as alpaca. And also how to use combs with a hackle. The talk was amazing and she is such a super speaker. Inspired me to get a second pair of combs for fine fiber. And again click on the photo and check out those combs. You really don't want to mess with someone holding those combs. Perhaps we could have also subtitled the presentation "Self defense with mid evil fiber preparation tools". 







7 Comments:

At April 29, 2018 at 6:16 AM , Blogger Mama Pea said...

Love the lush green-ness of your first picture!

In my next life, I'm going to learn how to grow roses. Post all the pictures of yours that you want.

May I ask why you have your blueberry bushes in pots rather than in the ground? (I have enough berries from last season's crop that I could send you a couple of gallons!)

About two more weeks before our hummingbirds arrive. We have one "nice" feeder and one red and yellow one. This new one of yours is classy!

So Kathleen's topic was combing wool and fine fibers, eh? With a minor on Self-Defense?? ;o)

 
At April 29, 2018 at 10:20 PM , Blogger Goatldi said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At April 29, 2018 at 10:29 PM , Blogger Goatldi said...

Thanks Mama Pea green it is. And green grows just ask Geoffrey who is the weed eater extraordinaire around here. We ease into weed eater season and just when warm to hot temperatures settle in and dry it all up look out. Time to hang up that weed eater and start firewood. Seems like for about 6-7 months that he has something that makes a lot of noise in his hands.

I didn't set out to learn roses they kinda choose me. And I am hooked. The blue berries started out in pots and have just stayed that way. Except for a larger pot ever two years or so. They are due and that may be part of the issue.

I don't plant them in the ground for two words, ground squirrels and birds. Ok that was more than two words. It is not uncommon out here on the left coast for folks to grow them in pots. Just keep them watered regularly and feed them nice acidic food four times a year. They do fine.

 
At May 1, 2018 at 3:41 AM , Blogger Sherry said...

I so loved looking at your pictures. Like Mama Pea just keep them coming. I planted 2 roses 2 years ago and this past fall our new puppy chewed the daylights out of them. I was gone for the day and Hubby was watching, lol. So no green on them, guess at this point they died. I think I will try my blueberries in pots, the deer will eat everything!! Our hummers just arrived, love seeing them. I really hope you have a wonderful day.

 
At May 1, 2018 at 9:19 AM , Blogger Susan said...

I love roses, just can't grow them worth a darn. So I enjoy OPR (other people's roses). That art batt is gorgeous!!! My favorite colors!! I wish I could find someone with that much skill to teach me how to card/comb my copious amounts of fiber. I have hand carders and they are fine but, holy bejeebers! Those combs!

 
At May 6, 2018 at 4:06 PM , Anonymous Cary said...

Have been thinking of you and wondering how you are doing ;) Our spring sounds surprisingly like yours - from 85 degrees and high winds, to 35 and sunshine. So strange this year. Lambing season just ended, a pretty good year. I sold both of my rams and don't know if I will be breeding again. Passage of time, I guess. Take care, lovely to catch up (and belated happy birthday!)

 
At May 7, 2018 at 8:26 AM , Blogger Goatldi said...

Cary good to hear from you. I also think of you often usually when I am doing something else.

Had a great surprise when I was sorting out my yarn stash. Found some lovely gray yarn an entire skein under some unrelated yarn. I think I put it their so I would know where it was lol!

Thanks too for the birthday wishes. It was great fun having my baby sister with me for the first time in so long.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Hope to see you again soon!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home