Wednesday, April 4, 2018

I Spin Therefore I Am


Yes I do and yes this is Tuesday but I really was going to do a post today but there were extenuating  circumstances , er, excuses. I worked in the green house, cleaned more of the log house, talked on the phone to my sister, fed the roses and fruit trees and I spun.

My youngest sister spent some time on our 42 Acres of Paradise last week. And I am here to tell you having multiple days of fun was exhausting. And then the day after she left I spent the better part of the day demoing spinning at a local alpaca ranch. That added to the exhaustion as we spinners in the circle visited among ourselves and with the public on hand to watch the annual shearing of the alpacas. Public relations is not for the weak of heart.

Then I realized it was the start of a new month and that meant first of the month  errands and appointments. I am flying by the seat of my Wranglers and the break of engaging in spinning, I swear to you is cheaper then therapy. Sitting on the deck in balmy 73 degree weather with a gentle cooling breeze but enjoying the warmth of an early spring sun . Susan in NY I apologize for being so graphic 😊

It was so relaxing I failed to up load the actual spinning photo I took showing off my yarn and newly painted spring toes ! So it is late Tuesday night and I substituted a stock photo from last winter. However when I get a moment I will share it as the Alpaca is drafting in singles to die for. I see a potential county fair entry here. 

10 Comments:

At April 4, 2018 at 9:30 AM , Blogger Susan said...

Ay, carumba! At least you didn't use the warm, balmy photograph - curse you! :) We had rain, thunder and lightning early this morning, which will be followed by a cold front (naturally) and gale force winds. Then snow. Is your guest room made up?

 
At April 4, 2018 at 10:27 AM , Blogger Rain said...

Your spinning is like my Tarot cards...self-therapy, relaxing...what I call "poor man's therapy"! I get emotionally and physically exhausted when I have to be social. We had a rough week last week with Jack the hound dog getting sick or injured...the jury is still out on what happened, but it meant 3 vet visits, lost of phone calls and too much driving. I think I need another week to recover, not to mention Jack needs rest to recover too! :) I'm envying your balmy weather as I watch the snow fall outside the window, sigh.

 
At April 4, 2018 at 10:36 AM , Blogger Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Wow, your weather sounds fantastic. It's not so fantastic here, ugh.

 
At April 4, 2018 at 2:40 PM , Blogger Mama Pea said...

Lock the doors, dear lady, I think there may be a herd of us coming to visit you and your seventy degree, light breeze weather!

Yep, quilting (even more than knitting) calms and returns me to sanity when too much has been going on. I'm in need of it right now, but fear it shan't happen for a few more days. :o/

 
At April 4, 2018 at 3:04 PM , Blogger Goatldi said...

Yes my dear the studio/guest room is open. However we are having rain beginning tomorrow until at least Tuesday. Highs and lows to fall. Perhaps dare I say it "a rain check?"

 
At April 4, 2018 at 3:11 PM , Blogger Goatldi said...

Sorry to hear one of the pack is ADR (in veterinary means ain't doing right) .

The best thing about spinning for therapy is when one progresses to a certain level one can just close eyes , settle back and spin. Also nice by candle light or no light. Love to spin outside especially at night.
My brains goes meditative and I have on occasion relaxed so well I drifted off.

 
At April 4, 2018 at 3:17 PM , Blogger Goatldi said...

Kristina please accept my
apologies. As most everyone knows I am a hardcore winter girl. I enjoy Spring , barely tolerate summer using a colorful vocabulary and welcome fall with open arms.

But there are days in the other seasons it just all comes together. Yesterday was one of those days .

 
At April 4, 2018 at 3:20 PM , Blogger Goatldi said...

A herd?! Love it. What fun we would have and what a help you all would be😊

As I said above a fauxwinter returns tomorrow so bring your muck boots. Quilt on!

 
At April 5, 2018 at 3:14 PM , Blogger Mark said...

I suppose I can sleep in the barn or set up a tent, but I'm in for 70 degrees too!

Relaxers for me are working the ham radios, working the garden, or a little range time with the firearms. Guess my brain is wired different. 😜

 
At April 5, 2018 at 9:25 PM , Blogger Goatldi said...

Mark you can set up a tent anywhere on the property. The front 21 have the house, pump/solar house and the barns. The back 21 is amazing. Lots of spots to get lost and not see a soul except for the creatures.

I love that we all have our happy places. That we all come to the table from a different direction and share. If we were all the same it would get pretty stale pretty fast I think.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Hope to see you again soon!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home