Sunday, April 15, 2018

Rain At 11:00 AM Opps Make that 1:30 PM





Winter is back for at least 48 hours. I have again that feeling we have a repeat of the perhaps new normal we saw last year. Shifting of seasons. Last year it was every season two months off. Winter didn't really get started until January/February. Spring shared the stage from about late March until mid June with winter. It was raining on June 8th the day my second Grandgirl graduated from highschool in the central valley . Good grief! Then it became incredibly suddenly blue blazes hot about the second full week in June and summer took over. Lastly fall sashayed at a slow pace and lasted pretty much through December.

So now we have or will have one half inch of rain today, showers tomorrow . The area the Shedd is located in up the mountain is supposed to get snow. Well this is alright by me but crazy no?


Mr. Paul Newman found this rainy day a good time to take a stroll around the barn under cover. He is my second roo in the farms current location.








 And much like his predecessor Mr. Robert Redford below he is quite the looker.


As some of you may have noted I have been borrowing photos this week from Farm Girl Romance an off shoot of Mary Jane Butters magazine Mary Jane's Farm. It is a fun publication and shares some great recommendations for crafty things but has a serious side also. It isn't a homesteading publication but more of a coffee table publication. Some nice recipes offered also. Check out the online blog and daily photos.

5 Comments:

At April 15, 2018 at 4:24 PM , Blogger Mama Pea said...

Oh, you do have handsome roosters! And I have very serious barn envy looking at your pictures.

We're getting a very late snow and windstorm. So far, nothing like what has gone south of us -- 24" of snow for them. So why aren't we in the north getting more snow than just a couple of inches? The weather sure is crazy the last couple of years. I think Mother Nature is off her meds.

 
At April 15, 2018 at 9:49 PM , Blogger Goatldi said...

Why thankyouverymuch Mama Pea. I like my roo's too. And they are such gentlemen with the La-dies.

I have to agree with you about Mother or at least mighty confused.

 
At April 16, 2018 at 3:56 AM , Blogger Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Nice roosters! We just got an onslaught of rain.

 
At April 16, 2018 at 8:20 AM , Blogger Susan said...

Your roosters put Bunny to shame. He is such a wimp. Of course, that might have something to do with the name he was saddled with. I agree that our new normal is abnormal. Or just downright weird weather. I was a follower of Mary Jane's farm girls waaaay back in the beginning. They lost me with glamping. However, I do dip my toe in from time to time.

 
At April 16, 2018 at 8:39 AM , Blogger Goatldi said...

Me too on Mary Janes. It has become a bit more "cutesy" for lack of a better word. I too have been around since the beginning glampling so so but they aced it with the Jerseys 😊

Thanks re:Roos . Mr. Redford was taken in the great fox attack of '16 with 22 hens. But Mr. Newman has slipped into his role with ease.

Perhaps Bunny just needs some tonic? Play Johnny Cash's "Boy Named Sue" for him. That too may help ?

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Hope to see you again soon!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home