Sunday, May 6, 2018

Pretty As A Picture


Some fresh roses from the rose garden. Lending their color to the flower plate my sweet mother-in-love had and I now use in my home.

More roses and my word does my log home now have roses scents of many colors in the air.

Loving my new roving from a fleece of Romney/Coopsworth that arrived last week from the Morro  Fleece Works.

My oldest (in time and age) friends granddaughter. Her bridal shower was yesterday and three of us plus the lovely young woman won the tissue paper wedding dress designer game. I have known Brittany since her baby shower when she was just a belly bump. She has grown to be a beautiful inside and out young woman with a bright future . I couldn't be more excited for her to walk down the isle in two weeks.




7 Comments:

At May 7, 2018 at 1:58 AM , Blogger Sherry said...

Seeing those roses I can almost smell them in the air. That dress should of won, how cute and out of tissue paper!

 
At May 7, 2018 at 8:04 AM , Blogger Susan said...

She is a vision of total loveliness! I wish you had smell-o-vision, as I bet those gorgeous roses would smell divine. What is planned for that pretty roving???

 
At May 7, 2018 at 8:33 AM , Blogger Goatldi said...

She is!

Susan smell 'o vision would be the bomb . Trust you are working on that 🙃

The roving has so many choices. Right now just spinning away on singles. Lace weight to worsted just to see what it will do. Weaving and knitting are great but I am a spinner by heart.

My second dream career after vet med would be production spinner.

Give the duck girls a kiss on the head for me.

 
At May 7, 2018 at 8:40 AM , Blogger Goatldi said...

Hi Sherry! Hope your day is fantastic and thanks for spending time at my blog.

I am so stoked that my roses have all reached a 10 on the scent rating this year. The fragrance is certainly in the aromatherapy level.

My team was great altho Miss. Brittany would make a paper sack look stylish 😂

 
At May 7, 2018 at 4:36 PM , Blogger Mama Pea said...

Oh, my, your roses are gorgeous! And I can only imagine the wonderful aromatherapy wafting throughout your home.

I had to really look at that tissue paper dress after reading the blog. I thought it was a gorgeous "real" dress and how lovely it looked! (She says as she sits here at her computer in the mud-caked knees of her gardening jeans.)

 
At May 7, 2018 at 9:50 PM , Blogger Goatldi said...

It is the best smelling log house on the block, oh wait we don't live on a block. Ok then the best smelling log house on the almost ten miles of road.

I understand about the dress. I like to think it is because it was done by professionals. Two vet techs, one retired ATT service professional and the bride is an EMT.

 
At May 11, 2018 at 8:34 AM , Blogger Goatldi said...

Glad you enjoyed and come again!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Hope to see you again soon!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home