Friday, July 6, 2018

Like My New Blog Look?

Ok I have lied. I don't have a new look yet. Because of items like this one above. When I left blog world for a creative respite I got little time sitting on my beloved "Tush Cush" and staring at this screen. I will work on that but wanted to say "Hi" and share some of what has been going on. The first sunflower opened up in all glory yesterday.

Then about a week ago this young lady came along with her Mama. Mama (my daughter) went home and Miss. Claire stayed. She requested one more week yesterday and how could I possibly say "no" to a Grandgirl who does this with her Gammie?

and this
In addition she is excellent company, low maintenance and at 5'9" helps Gammie reach things without a step up . A win win I would say.

Our view on Wednesday of Mt. Lassen on a half day trip after chores still wearing a cloak of snow and we are almost half way to Fall ! Can you tell I am happy?

Another away from computer time eater. Long awaited simple but if I say so myself attractive kitchen towels woven for Brittany and Jon's wedding gift. Better late than never!


Lastly two of five peaches on my bare root planted this year. I was amazed and realize most folks remove first year fruit. But heck this tree is growing like crazy and I expected them to fall off before this stage. So for now I say let us see what happens. I also have a Sugar Semi Dwarf Pear , Granny Smith  apple and a Meyer lemon. One of our resident jack rabbits tried to devour my lemon but I saved the day with a good cage. She is growing back and looks to be on the way to success.

Have a wonderful weeks end and I will pop back in when Miss. Claire has left for home.



6 Comments:

At July 6, 2018 at 6:40 PM , Blogger Mama Pea said...

Well, ya had me goin' for a second there trying to figure out your "new" blog look! (You teaser, you.)

Having your lovely granddaughter with you for a visit is a wonderful excuse . . . however you want to use it!

Those woven kitchen towels are just gorgeous. I have a thing for checks anyway so those really appeal to me. The recipients should be honored!

 
At July 7, 2018 at 3:21 PM , Blogger Goatldi said...

Thanks Mama Pea. I admit to a tease though Buyer beware.
I will see it through and surprise the heck out of myself and everyone else 😊

 
At July 9, 2018 at 2:33 AM , Blogger Leigh said...

I need to borrow your granddaughter! Mine are still too little to help like that! Maybe someday. :) Really impressed with your peaches! Mine have done poorly and rot before they are ripe. I need to set aside some research time to figure out how to treat them,

 
At July 9, 2018 at 6:49 AM , Blogger Susan said...

I want a Miss Claire! Those kitchen towels are wonderful - well worth the time off the blogosphere (where you have been sorely missed). Looks rather blissful there - can't wait until you catch us up.

 
At July 10, 2018 at 8:16 AM , Blogger Goatldi said...

Looks like I could make some $ renting this girl out for barn cleaning 😊

Leigh I was stunned that I got any fruit this year . The peach was nice flesh and soft skin. Could have gone another day or too a bit too firm by the pit for my liking.

Susan I know your work ethic and you with Claire would be a formidable force 😂

We are in the middle of a slight warm up. Next few days will top out over 100 but cool off at night with a breeze. I hope to find some serious blog time on Saturday or Sunday.

Miss Claire leaves Friday 🙀

 
At July 11, 2018 at 8:22 AM , Blogger Connie said...

Hi, just found your blog . . . I absolutely love seeing what other folks are going with their outdoor space. Your little peach tree is amazing, I had no idea you could plant bare-root and have fruit that soon. It must be your green thumb. My husband and I purchased a little run down cottage just outside of town on an area of land. After living in a tight neighborhood (where we could almost touch our neighbor's house without leaving our yard) this feels like the Ponderosa to us, LOL. We have lived here 4 years this spring, so I am growing my 5th garden ever and love, love, loving it. Your place looks amazing and what a beautiful area you live in.
Have fun with your granddaughter, ours are coming for a stay in August, we can hardly wait :)
Happy to meet you,
Connie :)
P.S. please come visit, maybe we can be sister blog followers:)

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Hope to see you again soon!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home