Saturday, July 14, 2018

OH GOOD GRAVEY CHARLIE BROWN NOW YOU HAVE DONE IT!




This is how I feel under construction.




This is a Brachiosaurus . This is also how I feel doing any even marginally technical work on my blog like a dinosaur. However I did pick this particular variety of dinosaur as it has a great long neck classic no? I always fancied having a long classic swan neck you know like Audrey Hepburn. I also have always thought my parents should have given more thought to my name then assumption. No my name is not assumption but it is Terry with a Y. Not Teresa no . Catherine tossed in the middle for gender clarification I suppose. It was Terry because my father was absolutely sure I was going to be a boy. Nonsense I was obviously destined to be Fiona but then the obvious is often times ignored you think? But I digress . 

You all remember this photo right? The creek up the hill  in Burney at the Falls. I love that creek and miss finding it on my home page. With a bunch of other things I have become attached to on my blog. Such as my layout link which has of today totally disappeared from selections of links I can use to organize my blog.

And to think that this whole mess began because I was bored. I wanted a fresh face for my blog I wanted a look similair to Leigh's of http://www.5acresandadream.com/ or Susan of http://e-i-e-i-omg-bybiddie.blogspot.com/    

But NO uhna nada ain't gonna happen . I can't even get my old blog back perhaps not because that is a bad thing. But I need redemption folks. I need to see the blog light and hopefully it isn't a train. I need a twelve step program at the least and a blog design program for folks who got their first computer at age 50 and that was awhile back.  

Maybe Mama Pea http://ahomegrownjournal.blogspot.com/ could send Chicken Mama out West? Least we forget those sweet folks in the tech cubicles at Google who play with these things and take away what we had and add stuff that makes no sense at all. Can anyone hear me? Is anyone out there? 
   

6 Comments:

At July 15, 2018 at 8:05 AM , Blogger Mama Pea said...

Oh, my. You are having a bit of trouble. You know I can be of absolutely no help as I wouldn't even BE blogging if it weren't for Chicken Mama setting me up, and continually being called in for help straightening out something I've unintentionally messed up. Believe me, my daughter would probably take you up on flying out to work with you if it weren't for the three (or is it four?) jobs she holds down here. She loves to travel and it's been a long time since she's had the opportunity to do any of it. Can you contact either Leigh or Susan and get any tips from them in setting up your blog like theirs?

 
At July 15, 2018 at 9:57 PM , Blogger Goatldi said...

Thanks Mama Pea. I am hoping they will offer some input. I know it isn't rocket science but good grief!

Looks like we have something more in common than sock do overs 😊

 
At July 16, 2018 at 8:28 AM , Blogger Susan said...

I don't know if I can help - but I am having trouble reading this typeface. Could be my old eyes (did I say that?!?!) We all need a Chicken Mama!

 
At July 16, 2018 at 4:54 PM , Blogger Goatldi said...

Yikes. Could you email me what you
Did for your blog format? I can share more in an email. Goatldi melting in liquid California sunshine 💦

 
At July 22, 2018 at 2:32 AM , Blogger Leigh said...

I came by for a visit and everything looked so different I did a double-take to make sure I was at the right blog! I dunno - Blogger (Google) can be great sometimes but other times it's confusing and seems unfixable. If the layout link is missing, contact Blogger. I would first hit the "send Feedback" button at the right-hand bottom of the page and tell them what's happened. I would also go to Blogger help forums and search the blogger help forum for anyone with a similar problem (who may get the answer) or start a new thread explaining the problem and asking for help. To get to the help forum, click on "help" in the left-hand column on your dashboard (last link) then click on "visit help forum." You already have a blogger account, so you won't have to sign up to post. I hope they can help!

 
At July 22, 2018 at 2:35 PM , Blogger Goatldi said...

Thanks Leigh. I had thought about that but hadn't gotten that far. Plain old fashioned stubbornness kept me from doing it. Your message reminded me to step back remove ego and press on. Perhaps they will have some news that will work.

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Hope to see you again soon!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home