Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Welcome To My Temporarily Permanet New Look


Had a nice support and newsy email from Susan of http://e-i-e-i-omg-bybiddie.blogspot.com/
Susan always has a way with situations and looking at the world that takes my mind away from my little corner of the world. If you haven't read her latest post please do so.

It is pretty toasty here today and our lows have been about 72. We have been saved by nice evening breezes and lighter ones during the day also. Of course with breeze comes wildfire potential with high temps. But I am grateful for them as they permit sleep at night which keeps me sane and during the day it makes it more tolerable for man and beast.

 Sunflowers new blooms popping out daily. 

 Today I had young sparrows colliding with the window doors that open onto a deck. The poor birds would hit the window (I hate that sound) and slide down the glass mouth gaping open due to over heating. That was it after number three hit the deck literally. I tossed together this free bird feeder from left over parts in the green house. Even though this picture doesn't show it they took advantage of the a bath and no one came near the window again today. So the search is on for a respectable bird bath.
 
Gradient spinning was the task of the afternoon. I spent the morning outside in fairly decent weather but at noon was inside holding my own spin in. I have a 4 ounce braid of BFL I am using and hopeful they will grow up to be a pair of socks. 

Lastly I spent some time looking for my lost Layout link so I could possibly get this new look to behave itself but no cigar. I will have another go at it on Thursday. Wednesday holds house cleaning in the morning. The afternoon will be spent at the Tehama County fair judging adult baked goods. Wish me and the entrants luck!

4 Comments:

At July 18, 2018 at 5:54 AM , Blogger Mama Pea said...

Hey, lookin' good! Susan is the BEST and you won't find anyone more willing to help out in any way she can. (Aren't Internet friends the greatest?)

I'll be thinking of you cleaning house this morning while I'm cleaning house this morning. (The bulldozer is due to arrive here any time now.)

 
At July 18, 2018 at 8:06 AM , Blogger Susan said...

The blog looks terrific! (You are too kind, really.) I love your sunflowers and will have to add to my forest of Post-It notes that I MUST grow more than one next year. They always cheer me up. I love the colors on that gradient yarn - bet it will make socks so great you will need to wear with sandals so the world will see! Judging bake goods? Who do I have to bribe...?

 
At July 19, 2018 at 8:52 PM , Blogger Goatldi said...

Thank you thank you!

I do love those sunflowers and am wondering why I waited so long from the last batch.

Ah grasshopper judging baked goods is not for the faint of heart nor small of stomach. More about that in the next post tentatively titled "Is That Cookies I Smell Burning Or Did Someone Say Fire?!"

 
At July 19, 2018 at 8:55 PM , Blogger Goatldi said...

I am imagining Mama Pea that the bulldozer could drive out West when you are done with room to spare for me.

Maybe next time we clean perhaps we could FaceTime while we are at it?😊

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Hope to see you again soon!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home